Here is an interesting write-up about the state of Internet censorship around the world, as it stands today.
Along the River’s Park by Jeremy Drahos
This night’s air was worn like a leather duster
Slumped over my back like a lifeless body
The humidity imbues every pore with suffocation
The sweat arising from each, already stifled, pore meets the thickness of this night’s ambient humidity like opposing armies enthralled in war
My flesh is the battlefield of two hydrogen atoms in tandem with one oxygen atom versus my secreted sodium & chloride; the outside versus the inside- the Universe’s melodramatic hyperbole
There is no victor nor victim here; there just is
The young lovers litter the swings, stools and seats
Such tight embraces; some more distant
Some cling, one to another, with such fervor, such tenacity; a mere sea of estrogen and testosterone interwoven by each other, for each other; as if to weave these threads to fashion some sort of fornicatory flag
Many couples strung together so tightly that the night’s thick air cannot even blow betwixt them
The heat of the night and the heat of passion; the humidity and the hormones
Lust-laden lips melded together with vigorous ferocity; such couples cannot be unglued
Denial-laden couples sit together, yet so far apart; such couples entertain a relationship with long-passed expiry
There is no victor nor victim here; there just is
The Moon smiles at the River as it rises it’s tide; the River gleams with the reflection of the Moon within itself
The Woman’s eyes gleam with the necessity of security, affection, admiration and loyalty
The Man’s eyes gleam with the necessity of admiration and a repository recipient of his semen
Nature shuns us all when we lack the ability to find the necessity of compromise within Her maelstrom
As the thick air taunts the flying flags of fertility, fornication, fantasy, friendship and favor
There is no victor nor victim here; there just is
I’m going to attempt to write this as best I can to accommodate both the laypersons and tech-savvy alike, as it affects everyone. I don’t want to ostracize those whom don’t fully understand the technical aspects. If I seem to you to be rambling, just scroll down a little bit as opposed to not encompassing yourself in the crucial information.
A bit of history
In the beginning of 2007 a Trojan (a program that poses beneficial, or intended, that is actually a piece of malicious software), now called DNSChanger, allegedly infected, at it’s peak, 4 million computers worldwide. DNSChanger modified the DNS (I will explain in depth later for those that do not know what this is) settings of the infected computer to redirect many random web requests to companies and affiliates that paid for traffic. It is speculated that the individuals responsible have acquired $14 million through this endeavor.
In November of 2011 law enforcement authorities working in tandem with the FBI, as part of what they called “Operation Ghost Click”, arrested six of the seven individuals in Estonia allegedly responsible for the Trojan. Roughly 100 servers posing as legit DNS servers were seized. This (allegedly) posed as a conundrum to the FBI; all of the infected computers would no longer have access to the internet with these servers being shut down, so they (allegedly ;)) opted to fire up servers in their place via Internet Systems Consortium, a non-profit organization, to allow for the infected to disinfect. This was to go on for four months- March 8th these servers were to be shut down. But then the prosecutor requested an extension with the Southern District of New York in light of all of those that were still (again, allegedly) infected. This extension ends on July 9th.
A bit of technical information
A DNS (domain name service) server is a lot like a phone book. You know the person’s name, and use it to find their phone number. In this scenario, you know the website, e.g., www.google.com. Your computer asks the DNS server for www.google.com’s ‘phone number’, or IP address, then your computer connects to the IP address it was given and requests the information for which you asked.
An IP address is, this is a mere compendium for those of lackluster technical background, number that identifies yours, or another’s, computer on the worldwide web. Your IP address, a unique number, specific to you is given to you by your ISP (internet service provider).
The way the DNSChanger Trojan would work is that it changed the DNS servers, typically assigned for you by your ISP, to one of their ominous DNS servers. When you would, for instance, attempt to connect to www.startpage.com, instead of giving you the proper IP address (188.8.131.52) it would give you the IP address to one of their affiliates advertisement servers that, in turn, would generate revenue for the developers of the Trojan.
Let us talk of pragmatic solutions
The typical, and regularly practiced, remedy for such a situation is that the internet service provider of the infected user blocks the users access to the internet and sends a notice to said subscriber informing them of their apparent infection, along with information regarding its resolution. In past occurrences at this point the user would acquire the services of a computer technician and the technician would fix the problem. The user would then notify their internet service provider that they have remedied the issue, and service would be restored.
The former was not the route taken. As reported by the Huffington Post, the FBI opted to spend $87,000 of tax payers’ money to run these “clean servers” for 8 months. How ‘kind’ of the FBI. But this is not at all typical behavior of the FBI- to, seemingly, immediately spring into action on behalf of the American people, or any people for that matter. But I’ll delve more into the typical behavior of the FBI when it comes to Americans and the internet later down the line.
Let us discuss numbers
As I stated toward the beginning- at its peak the Trojan infected 4,000,000 users worldwide and to this day allegedly still infects 500,000 in the United States. Worldwide, there are 2,267,233,742 internet users. In the United States there are 313,232,044 internet users. At its peak it infected 0.176% of internet users worldwide. Right now it, allegedly, infects 0.159% of internet subscribers in the United States. Since when has the FBI expressed concern for even 65% of any populous, let alone 0.159%? One assumed theory is that they care because six people are rolling around in $14 million dollars. But the other, more probable reason will come later; we’re only talking numbers right now.
And on the issue of numbers… let’s talk about the alleged 500,000 people in the US that are still infected. Doing a bit of research within the Antivirus companies’ reports, for instance Norton- reporting DNSChanger (they report it as Trojan.Flush.K) as having only 0-49 infections. The other top manufacturers I checked (McAfee, AVG, Kaspersky, Trend Micro) weren’t as specific as to an infection count, but all reported infection level as low, and all reported impact as low.
I remember back in 2000- May 5th to be exact; The meanest, most wide-spread worm in history was launched. The ILOVEYOU worm. This was a relentless digital beast of such ferocity that had never before been seen. Within 10 days it infected more that 50 million users. And oh the maliciousness! Overwriting images and corrupting data. It was estimated that it caused over $5.5 billion worldwide. But where was the FBI on their white horses with an attempted intervention? Vacant. They caught the individuals involved and that was it.
The irony? The DNSChanger is not destructive. It merely causes acute, isolated internet access disruption for the user infected.
Let us whisper of entropy
Ahh, yes. We have come to the proverbial “meat and potatoes” of the real issue. Free access to information by the masses. “How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don’t think.” –Adolf Hitler
But how better would it be for governments that the people they administer know not about what to think? Much better. When feigned truths float amongst us like clouds they escape even the greatest reach, but when said truths lie at our feet like weeds they face the sickle of us all.
In June of 2010 Israel and the United States released a worm, called Stuxnet, into the infrastructure networks of Iran to disrupt their uranium enrichment process. Of course this wasn’t admitted by the establishments, but it was quite obvious. It was another “false flag attack” for the United States to reign in more control. I remember when all of this was going on our government was demanding stricter enforcement and control over the internet. There has always been the desire for an “internet kill switch”. We saw evidence of the internet killswitch in early 2011 during the staged Egypt revolution. But most people didn’t hear about that. Nor did they understand that another form, a server-side, DNS based form was being tested when the Department of Homeland Security “accidentally” shutdown 84,000 websites in one incident and 76 more websites in a separate incident.
It didn’t take the FBI 4 years (outbreak of DNSChanger in 2007 until the arrests in 2011) to track down the culprits. It should have taken 6 months at best. When you’re dealing with so many financial ties and ISP subpoenas everything you need is right in front of you. They were just following standard operating procedure- in the words of that piece of globalist trash Rahm Emanuel “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”
So they’ve set the precedent with their own manufactured cyberterror attacks. They’ve shown that they’ve accomplished the ability to do a full internet shut down in Egypt, a server-side shut down via the 84,000+ websites they simultaneously shut down as they say “by accident”. And now this is just the live beta test for the client-side shut down. This Trojan is nothing of significance. This measure in which they are taking is absurd. This article, I hope, is the kind hand reaching out from the ether, lifting the veil from your eyes and pointing you in the direction of truth.
[Featured image from clevercrunch.com]
This is an interview with Dr. Russel Blaylock, a board certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. He talks about the clear and present dangers of vaccines and the ongoing coverup of the evidence. This is simply amazing information that EVERYONE must know.[audio:http://blog.thedrahos.net/audio/Blaylock_20120118.mp3]
If you do not see the online audio player above (flash required), you can stream the mp3 directly and/or right-click and select “Save As…” to download for later listening.
This is a memo from the VP of Planned Parenthood to the President of the Population Council in 1969 with their plans to reduce population and discourage having a family. You can right click and save the image, or I have uploaded a PDF of it as well, which is here.
(NaturalNews) Many people think occasional junk food indulgence can be balanced out by skipping meals later in the week or by putting in some extra time on the treadmill. The truth is that the consequences of this type of eating can turn up in unexpected ways, often years later as toxins accumulate in your body and cause serious illnesses like cancer or diabetes.
It is only in the past several decades that the abundance of toxic chemical ingredients in food, have made the consequences of dietary indulgences so lethal. In order to boost profits, food purveyors use chemicals which have a similar effect to the tobacco industry’s addition of nicotine to tobacco, making a substance at once more addictive and more deadly.
Mystery Ingredient #1
Take this quiz to help you to see how much you know about the real results of fast food snacking: What was concocted in a laboratory in 1908 and is present in nearly every non-dessert item on KFC’s menu?
What “seasoning” did the US begin manufacturing subsequent to WWII after learning that rations for soldiers on the opposing side included this substance?
When the FDA “generally regarded as safe” (GRAS) standard for food additives was established in 1958, what substance was grandfathered in without any testing to verify its safety?
What food additive, so omnipresent in fast food restaurants that even salads often contain it, has been linked to obesity as well as depression, migraines, mental confusion, dizziness, anxiety or panic attacks, stiffness, joint pain, loss of balance, slurred speech, diarrhea, blurred vision and ADHD?
What chemical substance do food manufacturers love to use so much that they have developed a long list of aliases to hide its presence from consumers?
If you answered MSG to all of the above questions, give yourself a gold star for knowledge of food chemicals.
Mystery Ingredient #2
What popular sweetener, present in most soft drinks and “sports drinks,” is manufactured via a process which makes use of glutaraldehyde, an embalming chemical?
What sweet-tasting ingredient, found in such diverse products as McDonald’s Baked Hot Apple Pies, children’s vitamins and commercially prepared salad dressings is frequently contaminated with mercury because of the method by which is it prepared in factories?
What food additive delivers calories yet chemically fails to satisfy hunger, causing people to eat more than necessary? Because this substance does not stimulate insulin secretion or reduce the hunger hormone ghrelin, people continue to eat while the body converts what they consume into fat.
If you know the answer to the above 3 questions is high fructose corn syrup (HCFS), you are well-informed. This is a challenging accomplishment considering how much disinformation the food manufacturers, the government and the mainstream health establishment put out about HCFS being harmless. Beware, however, because the food industry has been mulling a name change for this ingredient, possibly calling it “corn sugar” or some new brand name so they can continue to take advantage of subsidized US corn.
Mystery Ingredient #3
Which of the following fast foods does NOT contain dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent also used in caulks and sealants and Silly Putty:
a) McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets
b) McDonald’s Fish Filet Patty
c) Wendy’s Natural Cut Fries
d) KFC BBQ Baked Beans
e) KFC Biscuit
f) None of the above
The correct answer is “f” none of the above. (Chances are if your child swallowed some caulk, you would rush to the emergency room. Perhaps people should start doing the same if their children consume fast food.)
By Dr. Mercola
Soda, which is loaded with sugar primarily in the form of high fructose corn syrup, is a leading contributor to the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases facing Americans.
So when I say that drinking a can of soda is just as bad for you as smoking a cigarette (and maybe even worse) it is not an exaggeration.
Drinking soda is in many ways worse for you than smoking, and it is only because of massive marketing campaigns from the industry that these sugary beverages are deemed acceptable for our most vulnerable members of society – our kids.
In the 21st century there would indeed be an uproar if tobacco companies attempted to target our kids, but the soda companies do it everyday.
It’s time to wake up and face the facts: the soda industry is out for your children, and the message they send is every bit as damaging (and manipulative) as the one spewed by Big Tobacco.
Striking Similarities Between the Soda Industry and Big Tobacco
If I asked you to quickly recall a commercial or slogan from leading soda companies, like Coca-Cola or Pepsi, could you do it?
Chances are you’d have no trouble recalling the friendly polar bear commercials or “the real thing” logo, and if you asked your kids, they’d probably come up with a few too.
This is just the tip of the iceberg for how beverage big-wigs have gotten their products firmly embedded into the homes of millions of Americans and others worldwide. Coca-Cola, for instance, spends close to $3 billion a year on advertising. With that amount of money it’s no wonder the company has managed to hold on to its wholesome reputation.
They, and other beverage giants, are also in the habit of forming strategic alliances with health organizations that make it appear as though they are looking out for your health, which is about as laughable as Big Tobacco sponsoring a marathon. And like Big Tobacco, they also create front groups to fight anti-soda legislation and science.
For instance, as Time magazine reported:
- The American Beverage Association, which represents Coca-Cola, Pepsi and other soft drink producers, has attacked suggestions to tax soda as “discriminatory.” Their organization is touted as a “neutral forum,” but in reality is devoted to discrediting negative press against soft drinks. For instance, in relation to obesity, ABA states, “All of our industry’s beverages can be enjoyed as part of a balanced lifestlye.”
- The soda industry has created the front group Americans Against Food Taxes, which runs anti-tax campaigns. As Kelly Brownell wrote in Time:
“The name of the group implies a patriotic, grass roots movement, not a highly financed entity initiated and organized by industry.”
- Another industry-created front group, Foundation for a Healthy America, recently donated $10 million to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia to research and prevent childhood obesity! Diet Coke has also teamed up with the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) to raise awareness for women’s heart health programs and was the official “Beverage of Choice” for the 2010 winter Olympics.
- The soda industry funds research to discredit links between soda drinking and health problems. Brownwell writes:
“The tobacco industry paid scientists who did research disputing links between smoking and lung cancer, the addictive nature of nicotine, and the dangers of second-hand smoke. The soda industry funds scientists who reliably produce research showing no link between SSB [sugar-sweetened beverage] consumption and health. The tobacco industry bought favor from community and national organizations by giving large donations. In an ironic twist, Coca Cola and PepsiCo are corporate sponsors of the American Dietetic Association.”
The Coca-Cola Company Beverage Institute for Health and Wellness (isn’t that name an oxymoron?) even creates continuing education courses for registered dietitians!
The Top Reason to Give Soda the Boot …
Some of you reading this are undoubtedly thinking, how bad could soda really be? From my perspective, there is absolutely NO REASON you or your kids should ever drink soda. If you were stranded in the middle of a desert with no other fluid available, then maybe, but other than that … none, nada, zip, zero. No excuses.
From a health perspective, drinking Coke or any soft drink is a disaster. Just one extra can of soda per day can add as much as 15 pounds to your weight over the course of a single year, not to mention increase your risk of diabetes by 85 percent. The primary reason why soda is so dangerous to your health?
The fructose content of the high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) used in many popular soda brands has been sorely underestimated. Around 100 years ago the average American consumed a mere 15 grams of fructose a day, primarily in the form of fruit. One hundred years later, one fourth of Americans are consuming more than 135 grams per day, largely in the form of soda.
Fructose at 15 grams a day is harmless (unless you suffer from high uric acid levels). However, at nearly 10 times that amount it becomes a major cause of obesity and nearly all chronic degenerative diseases. Instead of consisting of 55 percent fructose and 45 percent glucose, many soda brands, including Coke, Pepsi and Sprite, contain as much as 65 percent fructose, nearly 20 percent higher than originally believed.
According to one study, the mean fructose content of all 23 sodas tested was 59 percent — higher than claimed by the industry. When you consider that Americans drink an average of 53 to 57 gallons of soda per year (depending on the source of your statistics), this difference in actual fructose content could make a huge difference in your health.
The Down and Dirty About Fructose
The American Beverage Association and other front groups will try to persuade you that fructose in high fructose corn syrup is no worse for you than sugar, but this is not true. ABA also claims there is “no association between high fructose corn syrup and obesity,” but a long lineup of scientific studies suggest otherwise.
- Dr. David Ludwig of Boston Children’s Hospital did a study of the effects of sugar-sweetened drinks on obesity in children. He found that for each additional serving of a sugar-sweetened drink, both body mass index and odds of obesity increased.
- The Fizzy Drink Study in Christchurch, England explored the effects on obesity when soda machines were removed from schools for one year. In the schools where the machines were removed, obesity stayed constant. In the schools where soda machines remained, obesity rates continued to rise.
- In a 2009 study, 16 volunteers were fed a controlled diet including high levels of fructose. Ten weeks later, the volunteers had produced new fat cells around their hearts, livers and other digestive organs. They also showed signs of food-processing abnormalities linked to diabetes and heart disease. A second group of volunteers who were fed a similar diet, but with glucose replacing fructose, did not have these problems.
Fructose is also a likely culprit behind the millions of U.S. children struggling with non-alcoholic liver disease, which is caused by a build-up of fat within liver cells. Fructose is very hard on your liver, in much the same way as drinking alcohol.
- Liver burden number one: After eating fructose, 100 percent of the metabolic burden rests on your liver—ONLY your liver can break it down. This is much different than consuming glucose, in which your liver has to break down only 20 percent, and the remaining 80 percent is immediately metabolized and used by the rest of the cells in your body.
- Liver burden number two: Fructose is converted into fat that gets stored in your liver and other tissues as body fat. Part of what makes fructose so bad for your health is that it is metabolized to fat in your body far more rapidly than any other sugar. For example, if you eat 120 calories of fructose, 40 calories are stored as fat. But if you eat the same amount of glucose, less than one calorie gets stored as fat. Consuming fructose is essentially consuming fat!
Fructose metabolism is very similar to the way alcohol is metabolized, which has a multitude of toxic metabolites that, if consumed in excess, can lead to non-alcoholic liver disease. For a complete discussion of fructose metabolism, see my comprehensive article about this.
Diet Soda is NOT a Safe Alternative to Regular Soda
If you think you’re better off drinking diet soda, think again. In fact, if I had to choose between the two, I’d take regular soda over diet. Instead of fructose, diet soda contains artificial sweeteners, such as aspartame or sucralose (Splenda). With all the research now available on aspartame and its various ingredients, it’s hard to believe such a chemical would even be allowed into the food supply, but it is, and it’s been silently wreaking havoc with people’s health for the past 30 years.
Lymphomas, leukemias, and brain cancer Asthma Neurological symptoms including headaches, depressed and anxious mood, seizures, memory loss, hallucinations, and dizziness Visual changes Weakness and fatigue Joint pain Sleep disorders Weight gain and diabetes Abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea Rashes and hives
Does Soda Actually Cause Violence?
It’s a well-known fact that poor diet, particularly one high in sugar, exacts a toll on your emotional health.
For example, one recent study published in the journal Psychology Today found a strong link between high sugar consumption and the risk of both depression and schizophrenia. It’s also a well-known fact that chronic inflammation plays a major role in heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and cancer. So consuming excessive amounts of sugary beverages can truly set off an avalanche of negative health events — both mental and physical.
A diet high in sugar, fructose and sweetened beverages like soda also causes excessive insulin release, which can lead to falling blood sugar levels, or hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia, in turn, causes your brain to secrete glutamate in levels that can cause agitation, depression, anger, anxiety and panic attacks.
One 1985 study published in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology found that reducing sugar intake had a positive impact on emotions. And another, the Los Angeles Probation Department Diet-Behavior Program: An Empirical Analysis of Six Institutional Settings, published in 1983, documented the results when juvenile delinquents were given a reduced-sugar diet. They saw a 44 percent reduction in the incidence of antisocial behavior during the subsequent 3 months, after the implementation of the revised diet.
So can drinking soda affect your child’s behavior?
Yes, it can.
A new study further supported this point, and revealed that frequent soft drink consumption was associated with a 9-15% point increase in the probability of engaging in aggressive actions, even after controlling for gender, age, race, body mass index, typical sleep patterns, tobacco use, alcohol use and having family dinners.
“There was a significant and strong association between soft drinks and violence. There may be a direct cause-and-effect relationship, perhaps due to the sugar or caffeine content of soft drinks, or there may be other factors, unaccounted for in our analyses, that cause both high soft drink consumption and aggression.”
The effect is not a new finding, as in 1979 the now notorious “Twinkie Defense” was used in a murder trial for the first time.
“In a notorious 1979 San Francisco murder trial, lawyers blamed the killer’s actions on his recent switch from a health-food diet to one filled with Coca-Cola and other junk food. Their argument worked. Instead of a homicide ruling, the defendant was convicted of a lesser offense of voluntary manslaughter. The legal strategy became known as the “Twinkie Defense,” and the precedent raised a number of questions that persist, despite years of research on the subject.”
Processed Food “Rebates” Dominate School Cafeterias
Soda manufacturers are not the only ones scheming for a permanent share of your child’s diet. In an article published on La Vida Locavore, Ed Bruske revealed, possibly for the first time, that manufacturers of sugar-laden processed foods pay “rebates” (aka “kickbacks”) to food service companies that serve school districts across the United States.
Bruske obtained documents under the Freedom of Information Act that revealed more than 100 companies paid rebates to Chartwells, a food service management company hired by D.C. Public Schools. As you might suspect, the “rebates” present a conflict of interest that could prompt Chartwells to order food for your children based on the amount of rebate it will receive, versus the food’s nutritional value.
The end result?
School lunches that contain heavily processed foods like muffins, pizza, tator tots and flavored milk in lieu of fresh produce.
According to Bruske:
“Manufacturers pay rebates based on large volume purchases — literally, cash for placing an order. Rebates are said to be worth billions of dollars to the nation’s food industry, although manufacturers as well as the food service companies who feed millions of the nation’s school children every day — Chartwells, Sodexo and Aramark — treat them as a closely-guarded secret.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture requires that food service companies engaged in “cost reimbursable” contracts with schools credit any rebates they receive to their school clients. For more than a year, attorneys for D.C. Public Schools refused to make public an itemized list of rebates collected by Chartwells, claiming the information constituted “trade secrets.” The schools were overruled by Mayor Vincent Gray’s legal counsel after I filed an administrative appeal.
John Carroll, an assistant New York State attorney general investigating rebating practices there, has said rebates pose “an inherent conflict of interest” in school feeding programs because they favor highly processed industrial foods. In cases where schools pay a food service company a flat rate to provide meals, the companies are not required to disclose the rebates they collect. In those cases, Carroll recently told a U.S. Senate Panel, rebates tend to drive up the cost of food, cheating children out of nutrition they might otherwise have on their lunch trays.
Carroll also described cases where rebates discouraged the use of local farm products in school meals. Produce vendors can’t afford to pay a rebate for local apples. But in at least one case, a produce distributor raised the prices of his goods so that he could pay a rebate to a food service company. A Homeland Security sub-committee in the U.S. Senate is investigating possible rebate fraud in contracts across the entire federal government.”
The top contributors to Chatwells’ rebate dollars included Performance Food Group, which paid more than $400,000 over the last three years, followed by General Mills, Kraft Foods, Country Pure Foods and Jenny-O Turkey. Other companies who made the list include:
|Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, 7-Up||FritoLay||Tyson|
|Nestle||Cargill Meat Solutions||Campbell’s Foodservice|
Raising a Life-Long Healthy Eater
Food and beverage companies spend $2 billion a year promoting unhealthy foods to kids, and while ultimately it’s the parents’ responsibility to feed their children healthy foods, junk food ads make this much more difficult than it should be. As a result, the state of most kids’ diets in the United States is not easy to swallow.
- Nearly 40% of children’s diets come from added sugars and unhealthy fats
- Only 21% of youth age 6-19 eat the recommended five or more servings of fruits and vegetables each day
This is a veritable recipe for disease, and is a primary reason why today’s kids are arguably less healthy than many prior generations. Obesity, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure — these are diseases that once appeared only in middle-age and beyond, but are now impacting children. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that by 2050, one in three U.S. adults will have diabetes — one of them could be your child if you do not take steps to cancel out the messages junk-food marketers are sending and instead teach them healthy eating habits.
Make no mistake, the advertisers are doing all they can to lure your child in, just as Big Tobacco did generations ago.
So you need to first educate yourself about proper nutrition and the dangers of junk food and processed foods in order to change the food culture of your entire family. To give your child the best start at life, and help instill healthy habits that will last a lifetime, you must lead by example. Children will simply not know which foods are healthy unless you, as a parent, teach it to them first.
My nutrition plan offers a step-by-step guide to feed your family right, and I encourage you to read through it now to learn how to make healthy eating decisions for you and your children.
If you want to get involved on a larger scale, the Prevention Institute’s “We’re Not Buying It” campaign is petitioning President Obama to put voluntary, science-based nutrition guidelines into place for companies that market foods to kids. You can sign this petition now. I also urge you to go a step further and stop supporting the companies that are marketing junk foods and beverages to your children today.
Ideally, you and your family will want to vote with your pocketbook and avoid processed food and sugary sodas while instead choosing unprocessed raw, organic and/or locally grown foods as much as possible. These are the foods your child will thrive on, and it’s important they learn what real, healthy food is right from the get-go.
This way, when they become tweens and teenagers, they may eat junk food here and there at a friend’s house, but they will return to real food as the foundation of their diet — and that habit will continue on with them for a lifetime.
The Obama administration has now provided incentives for escalating entitlement programs funded by taxpayers by giving the state of Oregon a $5 million bonus for adding a significant increase of citizens to its Food Stamp recipient roster. This roster has already increased by 60% since 2008, that’s over 780,000 people- that’s 1 out of 5 in Oregon.
In my opinion I feel that this just goes to further illustrate the intricacies of the corruption of our government. You’ve got the USDA pushing food stamps on people to make them more dependent on the Government and JP Morgan underwriting the Food Stamp program and becoming filthy rich off the disparity of others. Now USA Today tells us that food stamps will soon be used at fast food chains; so there you have the poisonous processed foods becoming even MORE easily available and destroying the health of the Country subsequently feeding more into the medical industrial complex and reducing a larger portion of the populations overall quality of life.
The official rate of U.S. price inflation has increased by 230% over the last eight months. NIA conservatively projects the official rate of U.S. price inflation to surpass 4% by year-end and 5% in early 2012. NIA estimates the real rate of U.S. price inflation, without geometric weighting and hedonics, to currently be approaching 8%. NIA projects the real rate of U.S. price inflation to reach double-digit territory by mid-2012, if not much sooner.
From the NIA –
(NaturalNews) The US Food and Drug Administration has a long history of conducting armed, SWAT-style raids on farmers, cancer treatment pioneers and dietary supplement manufacturers. This list, compiled by the editors of NaturalNews, reveals only some of the hundreds of armed FDA raids that have been conducted in the last twenty-five years.
What you see from this is a pattern of government-sponsored terrorism against innocent Americans and small business people; all done in the name of “protecting” the public from milk, walnuts, vitamins, plants or fruit extracts. The real reason behind all this, of course, is that the FDA has long waged a campaign of fear and intimidation against natural product providers for the sole purpose of destroying the natural products industry and thereby handing Big Pharma a monopoly over health treatment medicines.
If you’re skeptical of that conclusion, read the timeline and see for yourself. And if you’re currently a farmer who might be targeted in a future FDA raid, be sure to read this helpful resource created by the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund entitled How to Survive a Farm Raid:
Timeline of FDA raids against farmers, health clinics and dietary supplement providers
– 1985, July 7. FDA agents raid the Burzynski Research Clinic (Texas), steal 200,000 medical and research documents, and force Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski to pay for copies to be made of them. No official charges are ever filed by the FDA (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1987, February 26. Twenty-five armed FDA agents and US Marshals storm offices of the Life Extension Foundation (Florida), terrorize employees and seize thousands of nutritional products, materials, computers, files, and newsletters. Eighty percent of seized items are later determined not to even have been on the warrant (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1988, November. FDA agents raid Traco Labs (Illinois), seize several drums of black currant oil as well as many containers of encapsulated product. The FDA claims the capsules the oil was being put into are an “unapproved food additive” (http://www.drpasswater.com/nutritio…).
– 1998, Summer. FDA agents seize entire inventory and business records of Pets Smell Free (Utah), a company that produces a natural product for eliminating pet odor. The company later wins a lawsuit against the FDA in court (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1990, October 6. Federal agents raid HA Lyons (Arizona), a women-run, home-based mailing service that publishes materials for vitamin companies. Armed agents seize all business records and literature, and even try to steal the owner’s checkbook and cash. The FDA eventually drives the company out of business (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1990, Fall. FDA agents raid Highland Laboratories (Oregon), a company that produces vitamins and nutritional supplements. The agents do not present a warrant, but proceed to seize everything except for office furniture, and threaten employees with violence if they fail to comply (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1990, March. FDA agents raid Solid Gold Pet Foods (California), seize all pet food products without a warrant, and shut down the store. Owner Sissy Harrington-McGill is later indicted, and spends 179 days in prison with leg irons clasped to her legs (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1990. Agents from both the FDA and US Postal Service twice raid Century Clinic (Nevada), and steal chelation products, computers, and various other equipment. No official charges are ever filed against the clinic, however both illegal raids go unpunished (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1991, Fall. FDA agents raid Scientific Botanicals (Washington), a nutritional supplement company, and seize herbal extracts and literature. FDA strong-arms company into complying with its unlawful demands before agreeing to release seized products (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1991, December 12. RDA agents raid Thorne Research (Idaho), and seize $20,000 worth of vitamin products, and 11,000 pieces of literature. The company cannot afford to fight the battle in court because of high legal costs, and decides to no longer publish literature (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1991. FDA agents raid NutriCology (California), a nutritional supplement company. All FDA injunctions against it are later tossed out of court (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1991. Agents from the FDA and the Texas Department of Health again raid the Burzynski Research Clinic (Texas), and seize more products and materials. Dr. Burzynski eventually wins the fight against the FDA (http://www.naturalnews.com/032998_B…).
– 1991, March. Armed Mexican police officers raid offices of alternative cancer clinic in Tijuana, and kidnap the owner without warrant or charges. They then ship him across the US border and into the hands of the US Justice Department, where he unlawfully spends two years in prison (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1992, May 6. Agents from the FDA and officers from the King County Police Department raid the Tahoma Clinic (Washington), a natural health clinic. Because Dr. Jonathan Wright has been giving patients injectable B vitamins in high doses, agents decide to storm the clinic with guns drawn, and seize product, computers, records, and other products. The FDA shows no valid warrant to justify its actions (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1992, June 2. FDA agents raid the personal home of Mihai Popescu (California) for producing and selling a natural supplement called GH-3. The raid involves agents stealing $5,000 worth of GH-3, personal records, computers, and other equipment, and results in the false arrest and imprisonment of Popescu, as well as the termination of his business (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1992, June 30. FDA agents raid Nature’s Way (Utah), a vitamin and nutritional supplement company, and seize bulk containers of primrose oil because the addition of vitamin E to the formula was allegedly “unapproved” (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1992, June. The FDA prompts the Texas Department of Health to conduct raids on numerous health food stores throughout Texas. They seize natural oils, aloe vera, zinc, vitamin C, and other natural products. Agents reportedly threaten store owners not to speak of the raid, or more raids will ensue. No valid warrants are presented, and no charges are ever filed against the stores (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1992, August 14. FDA agents raid Family Acupuncture Clinic (California), and seize $15,000 worth of natural tea pills. The products are left to spoil, and then sent back to China by the FDA (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1992. Federal agents arrest three vitamin company owners (California) for selling supplements freely available throughout Europe. Agents try to get the men imprisoned for a collective total of 990 years (http://www.naturalnews.com/021791.html).
– 1993, May. Agents from the FDA raid Zerbo’s Health Food Store (Michigan) for “illegal drug trafficking” involving the natural supplements coenzyme Q10, selenium, carnitine, and GH-3. Agents threaten the owner’s 78-year-old father with imprisonment if the family attempts to fight the FDA’s indictment (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1993, May 12. Dozens of armed federal agents storm Hospital Santa Monica (California), an alternative cancer treatment center, seizing records, charts, computers, and other equipment. The agents also steal hundreds of thousands of dollars from the hospital’s bank account, as well as from two vitamin companies with which it works, and even steal $80,000 from the hospital owner’s personal safe (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1993, May 12. Agents raid personal home of Kirwin Whitnah, claim he is selling “unapproved drugs.” No products are ever found, but agents proceed to terrorize a woman staying at the home, and seize thousands of dollars in equipment, literature, and even money orders (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1993, May 14. FDA agents raid Waco Natural Foods (Texas) in search of a natural supplement called deprenyl citrate. Owner Tom Wiggins tells agents that his attorney holds tremendous clout in the Waco area, and the agents immediately apologize, leave, and never return (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1993, June 24. FDA agents, a Federal Marshal, and a public relations specialist together raid International Nutrition Inc. (New Mexico), and seize $1 million worth of vitamins and nutritional supplements, as well as computers and business records. The owner ends up losing 80 percent of his business, and subsequently has to lay off 80 percent of his workforce (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 1993. Federal marshals raid Natural Vision International (Wisconsin), and steal 17,000 pairs of pinhole glasses that help customers exercise their eyes and improve vision. Valued at over $200,000, the confiscating of these products by the agents results in the company going out of business (http://www.myopia.org/fdaraids.htm).
– 2001, March 23. Forty armed federal agents and USDA officials storm Three Shepherd’s Farm (Vermont), and confiscate and destroy the farm’s entire flock of sheep for supposedly having mad cow disease. Government laboratories verify previously that the sheep are healthy, and that sheep cannot even contract the disease, but the USDA persists in eliminating them anyway, destroying evidence and breaking various other laws along the way (http://www.threeshepherdscheese.com…).
– 2004, Spring. Upon being prompted by the FDA, state officials show up unannounced at Organic Pastures Dairy (California) and pretend to be evaluating cheese production. However OPD workers see Special Agent Jennifer King secretly taking pictures of private customer files, and they tell her to leave (http://grassfedonthehill.com/govern…).
– 2005, June 23. Federal agents perform a series of raids on medical marijuana dispensaries, businesses, and personal homes throughout Northern California. They arrest many individuals along the way, despite the fact that marijuana dispensaries are legal in California (http://www.sddt.com/News/article.cf…).
– 2006, March 6. Ohio police, Ohio Department of Agriculture officials, FDA agents, and agents from unmarked vehicles intercept a raw milk pickup in the Cincinnati area. They confiscate milk and harass customers, and leave farm owner Gary Oakes so shaken up that he is hospitalized three times for post-traumatic stress disorder (http://www.businessweek.com/smallbi…).
– 2006, September 14. Armed agents storm the hunting preserve of Danny and Cindi Henshaw (Virginia), and perform SWAT-style raid of property They shoot dozens of hogs with 12-gauge shotguns and drag them off (http://www.readthehook.com/79983/co…).
– 2006, October 6. Armed agents from the FBI and FDA arrive at Growers Express (California), a produce company, and begin searching the premises for evidence that the company’s bagged spinach might be linked to an E. coli outbreak. Agents never even try contacting the company prior the raid, and find nothing in violation (http://www.naturalnews.com/020670.html).
– 2006, October 13. Michigan Department of Agriculture agents and police officers stop Richard Hebron on the way to deliver raw milk to cow share owners. Agents seize his cell phone and wallet, and proceed to unload 453 gallons of fresh milk from his truck. A six-month investigation finds Hebron innocent, but he gets stuck paying a $1,000 “administrative” fee (http://www.thecompletepatient.com/j…).
– 2006, November 21. Dozens of armed agents storm Glencolton Farms (Ontario), a farm that produces dairy among other things, poring through every building and structure on the property. They steal records, computers, and milk processing equipment. Farm owner Michael Schmidt, who provides raw milk to cow share owners, as well as other farm-fresh food, is fined $3,500 and placed on two years probation (http://www.glencoltonfarms.com/inde…).
– 2007, August. Pennsylvania Mennonite farmer Mark Nolt declares his God-given right to sell fresh milk and has his farm raided by federal and state agents, who seize $25,000 worth of milk, milk products, and other equipment. (http://www.farmfoodvoicesdc.com/201…
– 2007, September 21. FDA agents spur the Virginia Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services to raid Double H Farm (Virginia) and seize and destroy pork products. Agents try to justify their actions by claiming the products contain the wrong price tags. Owners say they have been needlessly harassed by officials for years (http://www.readthehook.com/76761/po…).
– 2007, October 11. New York Department of Agriculture officials raid Meadowsweet Dairy (New York) and seize 260 pounds of raw milk products (http://ftcldf.org/meadowsweet%20dai…).
– 2008, April 28. Agents again raid Mennonite farmer Mark Nolt’s (Pennsylvania) property, and steal more milk, milk products, and equipment. This time, agents charge and take him into custody (http://www.ftcldf.org/aa/aa-26apr20…).
– 2008, December 15. Armed agents storm Manna Storehouse (Ohio), a family farmhouse that operates an organic food buying cooperative. Agents terrorize and hold family hostage for eight hours while ransacking house, and seizing food, computers, and records (http://www.ftcldf.org/press/press-1…).
– 2008, December 18. Agents pose as customers trying to buy goat cheese from Sharon Palmer’s Healthy Family Farms (California). She is then arrested and thrown in jail, and her businesses temporarily shut down (http://www.thecompletepatient.com/j…).
– 2009, April 8. Undercover agents trick daughter of farmers Armand and Teddi Bechard (Missouri) into selling them raw milk, which sparked harassment and extensive legal troubles for the family (http://www.naturalnews.com/030974_r…).
– 2009, January 16. Federal marshals raid Cocoon Nutrition (South Carolina), a nutritional supplement company, and arrest owner Stephen Heuer at gunpoint (http://www.naturalnews.com/025347.html).
– 2010, April 14. Dozens of FDA, IRS, and FBI agents conduct full-scale raid on Maxam Nutraceuticals (Oregon). Company complies with all notices, but gets targeted anyway by a fully-armed, SWAT-style cadre of officers, who steal products, paperwork, computers, and personal files (http://www.naturalnews.com/032203_M…).
– 2010, April 20. Two FDA agents, two US Marshals, and one state trooper raid Rainbow Acres (Pennsylvania) at 5 am, breaking their warrant’s restrictions instructing an inspection at “reasonable business hours.” Agents scour the premises for hours and charge the farm with illegally selling raw milk across state lines (http://www.farmtoconsumer.org/aa/aa…).
– 2009, Fall. USDA inspector shows up at Dollarhite Family Farm (Missouri) and demands an inspection. After insisting there were no problems with the family’s small-scale raising of bunny rabbits, USDA officials later try to fine the family $90,000 for alleged violations (http://www.naturalnews.com/032476_r…).
– 2010, May 26. Officials from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture and the Minnesota Department of Health send armed deputies to raid Hartmann Farm (Minnesota). Agents order Mike and Diana Harmann to stop selling all meat and dairy products, and to stop delivering raw milk (http://www.ftcldf.org/food-freedom-…).
– 2010, June 2. Agents from the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, the Trade and Consumer Protection Agency, and local health officials, arrive unannounced at Hershberger Farm (Wisconsin). They violate private property signs, demand to do an inspection, and proceed to take shut coolers and order that raw milk be dumped in a field (http://www.ftcldf.org/news/WI-DATCP…).
– 2010, June 10. Officials from various health and law enforcement agencies raid the personal home of Rae Lynn Sandvig (Minnesota), a raw milk and local food consumer, for allegedly “assisting in the sale of raw milk” from her home by sharing food with neighbors (http://www.farmtoconsumer.org/swarm…).
– 2010, June 30. Various federal agents, and even Canadian agents, raid Rawesome Foods (California), a private, raw food buying club, and steal computers, raw food products, and other materials. They hold members and workers hostage for many hours before finally leaving with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product (http://www.naturalnews.com/030136_R…).
– 2010, August 26. Agents show up at Morningland Dairy (Missouri) and confiscate cheese samples for testing. After improper handling of the samples, which allegedly return positive for contamination, the farm appeals. Officials then demand that the farm destroy its entire 50,000 pound inventory of raw, artisan cheese, valued at $250,000 (http://www.naturalnews.com/030148_M…).
– 2010, September 21. Federal agents arrive unannounced at Camino de Paz Montessori School and Farm (New Mexico) on supposed suspicion of marijuana. After scouring the premises and terrorizing teachers and students, they find nothing but fruits, vegetables, and other produce (http://www.naturalnews.com/030573_m…).
– 2010, September 21. After years of fighting back against federal tyranny, the Christian church ministry Daniel Chapter One (Rhode Island) is raided by agents from the FDA, IRS, the US Army Criminal Investigation Command and several other agencies. Agents break into the home of owners and steal computers, paperwork, files, personal documents, and hold owner at gunpoint (http://www.naturalnews.com/033265_D…).
– 2010, October 15. Georgia State Department of Agriculture officials illegally search raw milk buying club truck without warrant, seizes and orders 110 gallons of product to be dumped (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfQ…).
– 2011, March 9. Minnesota officials again target Hartmann Farms (Minnesota), this time going after James Roettger, a man who helps distribute the farm’s food. Agents pull Roettger over while driving, seize as much as $6,000 worth of food from his van, and arrest him (http://www.thecompletepatient.com/j…).
– 2011, June 3. At the prompting of the FDA US Marshals raid Wyldewood Cellars (Kansas), producer of natural elderberry juice, and confiscate the entire stock of product, claiming it is an “unapproved drug” (http://www.naturalnews.com/032631_e…).
– 2011, August 3. Slew of agents conduct second raid on Rawesome Foods (California), a private, raw buying club, and confiscate everything in sight. They handcuff and arrest founder James Stewart, without warrant, and proceed to destroy the shop’s entire food inventory (http://www.naturalnews.com/033220_R…).
Dr. Pieczenik is a very well informed ex-US Government insider. For those of you that have been following his interviews, he just recently had another this past Monday (7/25/2011) . It’s just over an hour long, and as all of his other interviews, this is a must-listen for everyone. If you haven’t heard any of them before, I would certainly start out with the first one, all of the other interviews are located here.
Below is the interview, you can stream it straight from your web browser or you can save the mp3 file to listen to later.
Interview #8 from 07/25/2011 [audio:http://blog.thedrahos.net/audio/Dr.%20Pieczenik%2008%20(07-25).mp3] Interview #8 as mp3 file
I am quite certain that by now everyone has heard of MSG (monosodium glutamate), but do you actually know the details of this poisonous food additive? Did you know that this food additive is addicting? It confuses your brain from the cellular level and makes it think that you’re consuming something nutritious (like something high in protein) and makes you eat more. It disables the parts of your brain that make you realize that you’re full, that are to stop you from eating more, but instead causes you to eat more.
MSGTruth.org has a chronological map of what happens when you eat MSG, and it is as follows: You eat the MSG-containing food, the cells in the arcunate nucleus of the hypothalamus that produce dopamine and regulate appetite are promptly destroyed, then the hypothalamus becomes leptin-resistant. Leptin is a chemical secreted by the brain that regulates, amongst other things, your appetite. The glutamate, which is linked to Alzheimer and autism, activates the AMPK, which is the ‘master metabolic regulator’, slowing down all metabolism and desire for physical activity. Next your fat cells release leptin to stop the AMPK, but these signals are ignored by the hypothalamus, increasing your appetite and lowering, more, your physical activity; increasing your caloric intake while decreasing your natural metabolic caloric expenditure (making you fat even if you exercise). Even though MSG is an amino acid, contrary to nearly all other amino acids, it makes your pancreas increase insulin production, which is the #1 cause of type 2 diabetes. When the insulin drops our blood sugar we become even more hungry. Even if you exercise this formula while cause you to become fat, develop diabetes, and become addicted to foods containing MSG, which there are many.
Side-effects of MSG:
- Fibromyalgia-type pain
- Heart disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
Unfortunately the FDA has allowed for loopholes in the ingredients listing of food products containing MSG. This is how the FDA reacts when some of their biggest lobbyists are under attack by the general public. They have allowed food manufacturers to list their MSG-containing products as Hydrolyzed [vegetable] proteins, autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed gelatin (yes, this is in VACCINES!), any yeast extract, Doritos® and so much more. These foods should be avoided at all costs.
There is so much more to know about this debilitating food additive, please do the research and find out for yourself, if not for the sake of yourself, but the sake of your family.
So I got into an ‘argument’ with my significant other tonight. It all started with a story her friend had told her happened to her – Her son blacked another child’s eye, and the daycare worker wrote, with chalk, on the offending child’s forehead “BAD”, and then was born the dispute of whether or not this was acceptable. Granted, the daycare didn’t notify the offending child’s mother what had happened, or even what they did, and I feel that this was wrong. But as far as the repercussion goes, I liken it to the old practice of the dunce cap. Something that relatively isolates the child in such a way that lets the other children know they had done something very bad, which would in turn cause the offending child to think about what they did and realize the severity.
That was my opinion, and my significant-other’s varied. Which then led me to play out an in depth scenario involving Child Protective Services (CPS), with me then illustrating that CPS is greatly employed of pedophiles and sexual offenders. And that there are adoption quotas for blonde-haired blue-eyed children, and foster programs along with CPS get paid when these popular requests are filled (yes, this is all on record, look it up). I even brought up, in analogy, how hospitals receive incentives to fulfill organ donor needs, for example- a rich person is dying, needs a donated kidney, there are none available, a person comes into the ER with a bad headache and happens to be an organ donor, the hospital induces death, retrieves the kidney, performs the transplant, rich person lives. This is not unheard of, this has happened many times.
So behest my references and examples, all of them on public record, frequently recurring… she tells me that she doesn’t want to hear about it, but it was said with such strong conviction that she was practically insinuating that I was one of the people performing these horrible actions. So in the beginning she was ignorant to the fact that these things are commonplace, but after being informed, wouldn’t that retract ignorance? Then must only leave denial. So, if “ignorance is bliss”, and you get rid of the ignorance, but delve into denial, which is more of an arbitrarily self-inflicted ignorance, would that be more blissful? Or am I just an idiot for caring?